Thank you for your interest in Island Air’s Freight Shipping Service. We look forward to providing for your interisland freight needs.
Before we start the application process, the following items are NOT allowed on Island Air Freight Flights. Please review the list carefully before you proceed.
- Fireworks, signal flares or other explosives
- Flammable liquids or solids
- Drain cleaners and solvents
- Pressure containers, spray cans, butane fuel, scuba tanks, propane tanks, CO2 cartridges, self inflating rafts
- Firearms, ammunition, gunpowder, mace, tear gas or pepper spray
- Any other hazardous materials or dangerous goods
In addition, these terms of service must also be met:
- Shipping services are only available between Honolulu and Lanaʻi
- Maximum weight per individual piece is 70 pounds
- Maximum dimensions are 8 feet by 4 feet
- Freight shipments should be presented at the check-in counter at least 60 minutes prior to the preferred flight’s departure time.
- Full payment by cash, company check or credit card (MasterCard, Visa, or Discover) will be required at the check-in counter.
- Island Air is not liable for any perishable items; refrigeration is NOT available.
- At the time of freight acceptance, each individual who tenders freight must present a valid form of current ID. Valid forms of ID are: 1) A photo ID issued by a government authority or a SIDA ID media issued by an airport operator within the United States; 2) Two forms of ID, one of which must be issued by a government authority.
- All freight shipments are transported on a stand-by basis (passenger baggage is Island Air’s priority). If the freight parcel is not accommodated on the preferred flight, it will be sent on the next available flight. Island Air rarely has problems with small freight however, please allow more time to transport larger shipments.
0-50 lbs: Flat rate of $40.00, inclusive of tax
50+ lbs: An additional $0.53 per lb will be charged thereafter
- If your company has more than one freight shipping location, each location will need to be individually qualified as a “Known Shipper.”
- The TSA conducts unscheduled, periodic checks of the Known Shippers List, at which time companies/individuals who do not ship regularly are dropped from the list. Companies/individuals who are dropped from the list will need to start the process over and be re-qualified. If you do not ship on a regular basis, please consider shipping with another shipper who allows infrequent shipments or if your shipments are under one pound, consider our VIP Envelope service below.
Other Island Air Shipping Options
- VIP Envelope – Anyone can use this counter-to-counter service without becoming a “Known Shipper.” Weight must be LESS than one pound (only up to 15.9 ounces) and your shipment is guaranteed on your preferred flight.
- VIP Package – Must be a “Known Shipper” to use this service. Weight limit is 10 lbs and your shipment is guaranteed on your preferred flight.
Freight Shipping Application
If you understand and accept these terms and still wish to apply to be a “Known Shipper”, please fill out the form below (*fields are required):